Beauty Sleep: Benefits of Sleep for Your Skin
Sleep is massively important for your health — and your skin! The time between turning in and waking up helps relax your body and mind, giving you a much-needed rest.
Sleep is also essential for your skin. Not only does it help you look more rested and refreshed, but it also helps repair the damage your skin has experienced during the day.
Top Benefits of Sleep for Your Skin
Here are some top advantages of getting quality beauty sleep every night.
- It reduces wrinkles on your face when blood flows in your epidermis, enabling new collagen production. This repairs your skin and prevents sagging, aging, and wrinkles.
- Eliminates puffy under eyes and dark circles, ensuring you wake up free from swollen eyes.
- Sleep to healthier skin since your skin heals from environmental stressors such as sun damage when you are asleep. Sleep ensures healthy blood flow to your skin, resulting in a healthier skin tone and reducing the severity of other underlying conditions.
- It reduces breakouts, acne, and pimples caused by stress or hormonal imbalance.
Additional Tips for Better Looking Skin
Make Sure to Wash Your Face Before Bed
Going to sleep with an unwashed face can hurt your skin's appearance. Not cleansing your face before bed allows pore-clogging irritants to absorb and damage your skin. Using a gentle cleanser can help you avoid this. Our Aurora Cleanser is a gentle, nourishing face cleanser with anti-aging properties. It is made with proprietary Agave plant proteins to remove impurities and dirt from your pores—and thereby replenish and rehydrate your skin. In addition, it contains natural amino peptides and natural salicylic acid that combat bacteria and inflammation. The Aurora Cleanser is suitable for all skin types and will restore your skin, leaving you feeling and looking supple, smooth, and glowing.
Keep Skin Hydrated by Moisturizing
In addition to washing your face, sleeping can also dehydrate skin, especially in low-humidity locations. Optima Face Cream is a top-of-the-line nourishing and anti-aging moisturizer that restores and rejuvenates your skin, leaving it looking and feeling supple and super smooth. It gets rid of wrinkles and keeps your skin radiant. With its botanical mix of aromatic vanilla, coffee bean, cocoa, and Agave plant protein, Optima Face Cream transforms your skin, locks in moisture, and improves skin tone.
Give Your Under-Eye Area Extra Attention
When you're low on sleep, your under-eye area can give it away. An eye gel or cream can help eliminate the classic signs of lack of sleep. Our Bright Eyes Duo set contains Beam Eye Gel and Radical Eye Cream you can use to treat puffiness and dark circles. Beam Eye Gel is for morning use and removes the appearance of dark circles and puffiness from your under-eyes area, leaving it refreshed. Radical Eye Cream is for evening use. It hydrates and repairs your eyes, improving the appearance of wrinkles and leaving an anti-aging effect as you sleep.
Give Your Skin an Additional Boost
Here are some added tips to encourage your skin health.
- Drink enough water to ensure that your body stays well hydrated.
- Routine cleaning of your pillowcases, beddings, and make-up (before sleeping).
- Regular exercise.
Once you understand the benefits of sleep to your skin, you will never want to go back to undermining its importance again!